Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Australia = salads

Ok so I just got the word that I will be traveling to Australia in a mere 3 weeks. Its nice and cold here in NY, great for covering up with knits, long sleeves and boots. However, in Australia they are entering the summer season so that means ahhhh gotta get back in action and really focus on the gym membership and adding more salads back into my diet. Dont get me wrong I love salads and I dont think of them as torture or punishment. They can be soooo delicious and satisfying if done the right way. I add beans for fiber and protein, fresh veggies like peas, peppers, mushrooms (great for boosting vit D the happy vitamin!) and red onions. I toss in some tempeh or tofu if I am making it a meal and not a side dish. I love making my own honey balsamic vingerette to top it all off! The possibilities are endless and it looks like for the next 3 weeks I better add more of these great salads into my daily routine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment