Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fresh Start...

I am tired and still coming down from being jet-lagged. Trying to handle the days pressures and stress can be a lot when your not feeling your best. So this morning I decided to try my  best at getting a good start. I made myself some steel cut oatmeal (yes the one that takes about 25 min to cook) with sliced bananas sprinkled with fresh ground nutmeg and cinnamon. I chopped some walnuts up and added those on top too. It satisfies me like no other breakfast can. I feel healthy and full and ready to take on this day! I may have woke up tired and semi stressed from all that is going on in my life(running my own business, traveling, being in a serious relationship that is long distance at the moment), but eating well definitely makes me feel a lot better about life and my position in it. I am enjoying my life and all that comes along with it. For today I am choosing to handle stress with nourishing food choices and not the sweets and sugary comforts I usually reach for. I'm taking it one day at a time. That's all anyone can really do ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment