Sunday, July 19, 2009

sUmMeR cLeaNse...

So it has been getting very humid and hot lately in NY. This makes me crave cool refreshing drinks, and lots of them. What a great way to get hydrated and give your body a lil cleanse in the process. Here are some of my favorite choices: Iced Mint tea with a fresh squeeze of lime or lemon, chilled coconut water (my all time go to drink of choice), and a sweet fresh fruit smoothie (pineapple mint, mango peach banana, etc). You can never go wrong with any of these choices. My sister and I walked along side the FDR this morning and right when I got in the door I downed some Zico coconut water. If I could have that stuff on tap, I would be one happy (and hydrated) gal. Oh and since we are on the topic of summer cleanse, I will share some great safe for cleansing snacks. I just made some kale chips! A-m-A-z-I-n-G! So easy to make too. Get some fresh organic kale wash it and dry it and spread it on a baking sheet. Set the oven to 375, drizzle the kale with extra virgin olive oil and lightly salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes and enjoy the crisp kale strips! yummy and super healthy, a great way to get your greens in and also satisfy that snack need! ENJOY 

No comments:

Post a Comment