Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cornbread, La sa tom and good conversation

     Started the morning with some hot water (its one of the basic remedies for hydration according to ayurveda, an ancient Indian science of eating and overall lifestyle) and grilled cornbread with raspberry jam a tiny bit of butter. Still being held in the prickly grasp of PMS, I continued to go back for seconds of the cast iron grilled cornbread! I felt a lil statisfied/embarrassed at my own ability to not control my hand welding the knife ever so gently across the loaf of cornbread, so I decided to clean my apartment. You know to stay busy and not continue to eat when I knew I really wasn't hungry, bored maybe but not hungry. And after I had finished my cleaning I realized it was now time for me to get ready for my lunch date with my girlfriend! We try to meet up regularly for lunch and today our schedules finally agree. I am on the train now headed to union square to meet at the Saigon Grille for lunch. Its one of my favorite spots for lunch, they do a mean lunch special of la sa tom soup. I'm salavating here on the 6 train just knowing I'm mere minutes away from this delicious treat...

 Ok so the soup was good, but the company was even better! :) gotta love good gal pals, they are hard to come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment